Dear RGS Community,
As hard as it is to believe the end of the school year is approaching quickly. It has been a challenging year, but it is working through the challenges together that bring a family, a community, closer together. The RGS community worked through challenges with kindness and respect toward each other, understanding that we are all here because we are committed to children, as a parent, a teacher, an administrator, no matter our role, we are here to prepare students for success in life. Thank you for all you do to make River Grove School an amazing place to be.
Along with warmer weather, April and May bring many exciting events and we are so happy to have events back on site! The boys volleyball and girls soccer seasons, Band and Choir Concerts, 8th grade celebrations and our graduation ceremony are being planned. And, the Spring Running Club for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students, sponsored by the River Grove Lions Club, begins in April, culminating in the Color Run on Saturday, May 14 at 9:30 am.
The RG Royals have been quite successful in their accomplishments this school year.
- At the IGSMA Solo/Ensemble Contest, the Concert Band and the Choir both earned Division I ratings, the highest rating available.
- In November, eighth grade students participated in the Youth Government activity through the Village of River Grove, being elected to leadership roles and learning about serving their community.
- RGS students made Valentine’s Day Cards for Veterans to celebrate their service to our country and to let them know they are appreciated.
- Students and families of River Grove donated money and supplies for Fisher House, the home at the Hines Veterans Hospital which provides a place for families of injured veterans to stay, so that they can be close to their loved one.
- Junior High students continue to develop their journalism skills by writing, illustrating and publishing the Royal Revolution. This newspaper is mailed to all households in River Grove twice each year. Look for the Spring Edition coming in May.
Finally, the Board of Education is committed to a Strategic Planning process to develop a continuous growth model for the school and district, in order to provide the best possible opportunities for the students of River Grove School. The administrators, teachers and staff continue to work together to take the goals of that Plan and create the action steps and timeline to meet the goals. The Board has developed a survey for staff, families and the greater RG community to gather perceptions of the school and suggestions for a future focus. Please look for communication regarding this survey this spring and take a moment to share your thoughts. Your input is important because we are stronger together!
I continue to be honored to serve as your Superintendent and represent a school district, and community, as committed to its children, and each other, as River Grove is. I look forward to seeing you at some of the wonderful spring events at RGS!
All my best,
Go Royals! #WeAreRG!