Social Worker Staff
- Participating in Individualized Education Plan meetings (IEPs) and Special Education Assessment meetings
- Addressing barriers in a student's environment (home and community) that affect the student's adjustment and performance in school.
- Preparing a social developmental history report for a student.
- Counseling (group, individual and/or family).
- Mobilizing family, school, and community resources to enable the student to learn as effectively as possible in his/her educational program
- Assisting in developing positive behavioral intervention strategies.
SERVICES TO PARENT/FAMILIES:
- Working with parents to help facilitate their support in their children's school adjustment and performance.
- Assisting parents in accessing programs available to students with varying needs in and outside of the school.
- Assisting parents in accessing and utilizing school and community resources.
Ms. Cristina Ocasio, Social Worker (Grades K-4th)
Ms. Madeline Isaacs, Social Worker (Grades 5th-8th)