Happy New Year RGS!
I hope you found joy this holiday season with family and friends. There is much to be hopeful for in 2021 as we head toward spring weather and vaccinations become available. We can do this together because #WeAreRG!
Our Return to School Plan includes students who selected to be onsite, in PreK-8th grades, returning on Tuesday, January 19 according to the following schedule:
- Students in grades 1st through 8th will be assigned to Team A or Team B and attend onsite learning for 2 days per week from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- Team A- Monday/Tuesday, Team B- Thursday/Friday.
- Kindergarten will continue to be an AM and PM schedule with AM being on site Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. PM are Remote Learners.
- Special Education classrooms will continue their schedule from the fall of being onsite Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Wednesday will be remote for all students and a thorough sanitizing of the school.
- Fully remote learning continues to be an option for students.
Please continue to adhere to safety protocols and let the school know if your child, or a member of the household, is positive, has symptoms or has been in contact with a positive case. The only way we can open school and keep it open is to be confident that it is a safe environment for students and staff. Students and staff are required to wear a mask at all times on school grounds, socially distance and wash hands often.
Here are some available resources and services at RGS:
- Meals are provided to any family who is in need. Pick up times are Monday from 7:00 am to 8:00 am, 8:45 am to 10:00 am, and 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm at Door 4. A full week of breakfast and lunch meals are available for each child in the household.
- We have winter clothing available for children. Please call the school office at 708-453-6172 to let us know your needs and sizes.
- If students need school supplies, please let your child’s teacher know and we can provide supplies for learning at home.
- All students have been provided an electronic device, either an iPad or chromebook, for learning at home. If you need assistance please email email@example.com, or call 708-437-3111 and our technology staff will be happy to help you.
If your family needs other assistance, please contact the school office. RGS has social workers who can provide support and connect you with community resources.
Again, Happy New Year and I look forward to seeing students back at RGS!
Be Well Royals!