Dear River Grove School Community,
We are undeniably in challenging times. This pandemic has been very difficult for our families, friends and neighbors. During times like these, we must lean on each other. River Grove School, and the Village of River Grove, are committed to the entire community and are here to provide support.
Here are some available resources and services:
- RGS is providing meals to any family who is in need. Pick up times are Monday from 7-8 am, 8:45-10:00 am and 3:30-5:30 pm at Door 4. A full week of breakfast and lunch meals are available for each child in the household.
- We have winter clothing available for children. Please call the school office at 708-453-6172 to let us know your needs and sizes.
- If students need school supplies, please let your child’s teacher know and we can provide supplies for learning at home.
- All students have been provided an electronic device, either an iPad or chromebook, for learning at home. If you need assistance with the device, please email email@example.com, or call 708-437-3111 and our technology staff will be happy to help you.
- If your family needs other assistance, please contact the school office. RGS has two social workers who can provide support and connect you with a variety of community resources.
River Grove School teachers have worked hard to create strong plans for both remote learning and hybrid onsite learning. The school’s priority is to provide a high quality education wherever students are. In addition, by having two strong options, teachers and students are able to move between remote and onsite learning more fluidly.
While the positivity rates are so high in the River Grove and West Cook area, RGS will remain in full remote learning. When the community spread, and the number of positive cases in our RGS families decreases, we will look to phase students back onsite. In the meantime, stay safe and reach out if we can support you in any way.
Be Well Royals!