Library Media Center - Rules of Conduct
1. Students must follow all school rules when visiting the Library Media Center. Act in a RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE, and SAFE way.
2. All materials must be checked out of the Library Media Center at the circulation desk.
3. The Library Media Center will maintain an atmosphere conducive to reading and learning. Please speak with a quiet voice.
4. Students are responsible for the books that they borrow. Any books that are lost or damaged must be paid for before borrowing privileges are restored.
5. Students are responsible for picking up after themselves. At the end of each period, students should pick up scrap paper, push chairs under tables and return all books that have not been checked out to the book cart or return bin.
6. Eating, drinking, and chewing gum are not permitted in the Library Media Center.
7. If you need help, always remember to ask.
Book Care Rules
1. Keep books away from food or drinks.
2. Wash hands before reading a book.
3. Take care in using a book and report all damages to the Library Media Center Staff for proper fixing.
4. Use a book mark for saving your place in a book. Never use a pencil as a bookmark. Turn pages carefully.
5. Keep books dry at all times. On rainy days be sure books are in back packs.
6. Have a special place at home for your library books.
7. Do not draw or write in books.
8. Keep books away from babies or pets.